These repair guidelines are worth reading if you get a kernel 3.2 error message on your computer.
Need to fix Windows errors? ASR Pro can help
Mellanox OpenFabrics Enterprise Distribution For (MLNX_OFED)
Consolidation of off-the-shelf servers and functional storage simply leads to large-scale deployments in important but also growing markets such as high performance general computing, artificial intelligence (AI), history storage, online transaction processing, financial services related to large-scale creation cloud deployments. To implement distributed computing transparently and as efficiently as possible, applications in these areas require the highest I / O bandwidth and the most economical latency. These requirements are getting worse with the need to support a large interoperable ecosystem of networking, virtualization, storage, and other applications and interfaces. The openfabrics OFED Alliance (www.openfabrics.org) has been strengthened through joint testing and further testing by leading high performance I / O vendors. Mellanox OFED (MLNX_OFED) is any version of OFED tested and packaged by Mellanox that I support two connection types and designs with the same RDMA (Remote DMA) and kernel bypass APIs called OFED commands and Ethernet Infiniband. Up to 200 Gbps InfiniBand and RoCE On (based on RDMA-over-Converged Ethernet) over 10/25/40/50/100 GbE are supported by Mellanox with OFED to ensure OEMs and system integrators meet all end-user requirements on specified markets.
Mellanox Linux VPI drivers for Ethernet and InfiniBand adapters are usually also available in all major distributions, RHEL, SLES, Ubuntu, and others. Inbound drivers enable Mellanox to deliver high performance solutions for cloud computing, artificial intelligence, high performance computing, storage, financial services and more, with out-of-the-box solutions for class-leading Linux distributions.
- LTS Download
- Virtual Protocol Interconnect (VPI) enables the Mellanox ConnectX family of cards to handle InfiniBand and Ether datanet on two ports at the same time.
- One software stack for all available Mellanox InfiniBand and Ethernet devices and configuration options such as Mem-free, SDR / DDR / QDR / FDR / EDR / HDR, 10/25/40/50/100/200 GbE and PCI Express Modes 3.0 and therefore 4.0
- Supports high performance computing applications for scientific research, artificial intelligence, oil and gas exploration, automated crash testing, benchmarking, and more, such as Fluent, LS-DYNA.
- Support for data center applications such as Oracle 11g / 10g RAC, IBM DB2, financial assistance applications such as IBM WebSphere LLM, Red MRG Hat, NYSE Data Fabric
- Support for high performance block storage applications using RDMA.
Note. Obtaining and installing the MLNX_OFED package for the Oracle Linux (OL) operating system can often break your operating system’s backup array. Please contact support for your model before installation.
Note. Starting with MLNX_OFED v5.1, the following items are no longer supported and can be used for the MLNX_OFE versionD LTS:
- ConnectX-3 Pro
- RDMA Library with Experimental Action Words (mlnx_lib)
Note. MLNX_OFED LTS serves customers who really want to use it due to:
- ConnectX-3 Pro
- RDMA Trial and Error Verbs Library (mlnx_lib)
For other use cases, it is recommended to use the latest permitted version of the MLNX_OFED 5.x driver.